The Division of Workforce Development has staff throughout the state to specifically assist veterans. That assistance is offered through the Disabled Veteran's Outreach Program and the Local Veteran's Employment Representative Program.
Disabled Veterans' Outreach Program specialists provide case management and develop career and job training opportunities for veterans, with special emphasis on veterans with service-connected disabilities.
Local Veterans Employment Representatives facilitate or provide assistance in job placement and accessing needed services. They also advocate for veterans by developing employment opportunities with businesses.
- Counseling through case management.
- Job Development.
- Transitional assistance to separating service members.
- Identification of employment and training opportunities and direct referrals to jobs.
- Monitoring job listings from federal contractors to ensure eligible veterans get priority referrals to these jobs.
- Monitoring Missouri Career Centers to ensure priority of service to veterans.
- Monitoring federal department and agency vacancy listings.
- Referral screening of complaints from veterans regarding observance of veteran's preference in federal hiring to the Director of Employment and Training Service.
- Access Federal Contractor Listings.